Wednesday, December 25th, 2013 at
Wolves are often subject to misconceptions. They are believed to be attacking humans in the wild. In order to clarify these misconceptions, here are some interesting facts about wolf. Learn more about wolves’ habitat, characteristics and behaviors through these wolf facts.
Fast Facts about Wolf
Characteristics: Wolves are commonly characterized by their rounded ears and extensive, heavy muzzle. They come in varied colors and sizes. Wolves are well-known for their howling, which they use for communication.
They can grow around 91cm to 160cm, with tail length of around 13 to 20 inches. Their weight varies from 19 to 79 kilograms.
Continue reading Facts about Wolf272 words, reading time ~ 1:05 mins
Sunday, December 8th, 2013 at
Humpback whales are well-known for their singing which can be heard from long distances underwater. The series of howls, cries, moans and different noises are extremely complicated and usually last for about an hour to end. Many scientists are trying to decipher the meaning of their songs. More likely, humpback whales use their singing for communication and mating purposes.
Humpback whales are indeed fascinating marine creature. If you are looking for more interesting facts about humpback whales, this article is for you. Read on and enjoy these humpback whale facts.
Quick Humpback Whale Facts
Diet: As omnivore, they mainly feed on krill, planktons and small species of fish.
Continue reading Humpback Whale Facts278 words, reading time ~ 1:07 mins
Friday, November 22nd, 2013 at
Whether you are a cat lover or simply want to know smattering facts about cats, this article is for you. Listed below are the brief and concise cat facts that tackle about distinctive features of cat, its behavior, diet and more. Read on and enjoy these fun facts about cats.
- Did you know that cats have more number of bones than human? While cats have 230 bones, human have only 206 bones.
- Cats have excellent eyesight. In fact, they are capable of seeing in the dark six times better than human.
- Need stress reliever? Try stroking your cat pet. It is scientifically proven.
- Cats use their tail to maintain their balance.
Continue reading Cat Facts325 words, reading time ~ 1:18 mins
Tuesday, November 5th, 2013 at
Looking for more information about Louisiana? Get to know the state of Louisiana through these significant Louisiana facts that feature state’s history, population, land area and more.
Louisiana Fast Facts
- State Capital: Baton Rouge
- Land Area: 51,843 sq. miles, making it the 31st largest State of America
- No. of Counties: 64
- State Abbreviation: LA
- Population: 4,468,976 from 2000 census, making it the 22nd most populated State of America
- Largest City: New Orleans
- Locals Name: Louisianans
- Major Industries: Natural Gas, Oil, Fishing, Farming (soybeans, cotton, rice)
- Motto: “Union, Justice, and Confidence “
Fun Facts about Louisiana
- The state of Louisiana was formerly called as Pelican State, but currently, it is also known as “Sportsman’s Paradise”.
Continue reading Facts about Louisiana220 words, reading time ~ 53 secs
Saturday, October 19th, 2013 at
Diabetes is considered as a silent epidemic and one of the most common ailments in the world. In fact, World Health Organization (WHO) claimed that nearly 6% of world’s adult population or roughly 246 million people are living with diabetes.
Diabetes is a condition wherein the body cannot generate or cannot properly use the glucose (a type of sugar). As glucose accumulates in the bloodstream, the blood sugar or glucose level elevates too high. The prevalence of diabetes increase over the years and this disease can happen to anyone. It is important for one to know the facts about diabetes in order to avoid its occurrence. Read on.
Basic Facts about Diabetes
Continue reading Facts about Diabetes369 words, reading time ~ 1:29 mins
Thursday, October 3rd, 2013 at
Death penalty or the capital punishment is a cold-blooded killing of people perceived to be guilty. This violates the right to life as stated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The cruel, inhuman and degrading punishment is made to give justice. But many who are innocent did not escape this fate. There’s a clamor to end the death penalty because of the facts that continue to go against this inhuman implementation. Death penalty facts over the years have shown some disturbing issues that need to be addressed by the nations who are still practicing it. Below are more facts about death penalty pointing out why it must be eliminated
Informational Death Penalty Facts
Continue reading Facts about Death Penalty344 words, reading time ~ 1:23 mins
Monday, September 16th, 2013 at
If you are looking for some facts about fish, then buckle down as this article is what you have been looking for. Given below are some fish facts that review distinctive features, habitat, behaviors and diet of different specie of fish. Read on and enjoy these fascinating facts about fish.
- Fish are known to have been on Earth for over 450 million years.
- There are more than 25,000 recognized fish species on Earth and more than 15,000 fish species are yet to be discovered.
- The total number of fish species is greater than the total number of reptiles, birds, mammals and amphibians species combined.
Continue reading Fish Facts229 words, reading time ~ 55 secs
Friday, August 30th, 2013 at
Find out more information about State of Florida. In this article, provided are smattering facts about Florida. Read on and boost your knowledge about “The Sunshine State”. Learn more about Florida history, populations, area, symbols and more.
Basic Facts about Florida
- State Capital: Tallahassee
- Land Area: 65,758 sq. miles, making it the 22nd largest US state
- No. of Counties: 66
- State Abbreviation: FL
- Population: 15,982,378 from 2000 census, making it the 4th most populous US state
- Largest City: Jacksonville
- Locals Name: Floridians
- Major Industries: Electronic industries, Farming, Tourism
- Motto: “In God we trust”
Random Florida Facts
Continue reading Facts about Florida220 words, reading time ~ 53 secs
Wednesday, August 14th, 2013 at
Essentially, global warming, also known as climate change, is the rise of the earth’s normal temperature. Many experts predict that the effects of global warming can sway the entire world by 2100. Human activities are to blame for global warming, as to what many scientists who study this topic say.
Greenhouse gases emissions from vehicles, smokestacks, flaming forests and more are the main global warming causes. These gases enable the sun rays to penetrate the earth’s protective layer and intensify the effect of greenhouse. As a result, the heat that is being generated is hindered from radiating back to the space. Below are more facts about global warming. Increase your knowledge about global warming, its causes and effects and find out how to stop it.
Continue reading Global Warming: Facts, Causes and Effects255 words, reading time ~ 1:01 mins
Sunday, July 28th, 2013 at
This is the article you’ve been looking for if you are searching for wide-range interesting facts about Colorado. In this article, you’ll find long list of information about Colorado. Learn about the state’s population, history, motto symbols and more.
Fast Colorado Facts
- State Capital: Denver
- Land Area: 104,100 sq. miles, making it the 8th largest US state
- No. of Counties: 64
- State Abbreviation: CO
- Population: 4,301,261 from 2000 census, making it the 24th most populous US state
- Largest City: Denver
- Locals Name: Coloradans
- Major Industries: Mining, Manufacturing, finance, Agriculture, Oil, Tourism
- Motto: “Nil sine Numine” which means “Nothing Without Providence”
Random Facts about Colorado
Continue reading Facts about Colorado269 words, reading time ~ 1:05 mins